Why does my Business need a Social Media Audit
Your online presence needs to be coordinated and maximised. Social media is a massively influential force and has given us the potential to create communities of change and it has revolutionized communications and marketing efforts world-wide. A Social Media Audit can help you develop a cohesive and optimised social media presence across the internet.
What is a Social Media Audit?
Definition: A social media audit is a series of steps taken to evaluate and optimize a business’s social media profiles and strategies. Performing a social media audit can help small businesses stay on top of their online presence.
Why conduct a social media audit?
Completing an audit answers several questions about the relationship between a company and its Web audience. An audit is also an opportunity to determine which marketing techniques are successfully hitting established goals versus which ones need to be revised. The results can be used to assist companies in planning future campaigns and completing future audits.
Performing a social media audit
1. Locate all profiles.
2. Record information
3. Check each profile for completion
4. Check for branding, consistency and deviations
5. Understanding the correct target market
6. Set goals..
7. Identify unauthorized profiles, duplicate SM channels and merge channels
8. Verify ownership of all channels on each SM and on Google Business
Social media audits are certainly very involved, but completing one can make sure branding is consistent and your online presence is effective
Social Media is influential on many levels and what makes it that way is that it is free to sign up and it is available to everyone at no cost.
- Facebook: 1.19 billion active users (10/30/13)
- YouTube: 1 billion active users (3/20/13)
- Google+: 343 million active users (1/26/13)
- Twitter: 215 million active users (10/3/13)
- LinkedIn: 259 million active users (10/29/13)
- Flickr: 87 million active users (3/20/13)
- Pinterest: 70 million active users (7/10/13)
Social Media: Your Online Presence
- There are 3 billion active social media users worldwide. (We Are Social)
- Internet users have an average of 54 social media accounts. (GlobalWebIndex)
- Social media users have risen by 176 million in the last year. (Social Media Today)
- 12 new active mobile social users are added every second. That’s 1 million every day. (Social Media Today)
- B2B product marketers plan to increase the proportion of overall marketing budgets spent on social media from 8% today to 18% within the next five years. B2B services marketers plan to increase the share allocated to social media from 12% to 25% over that period. (The CMO Survey)
- 76% of B2B technology marketers use social media to market their products. (MarketingProfs)
- Asked to identify their top social media platforms for product launch, 81% of B2B technology marketers cited LinkedIn. 71% said Twitter, while 54% mentioned Facebook and YouTube. One out of six responded Google+ or SlideShare. (MarketingProfs)
- 81% of B2B decision makers use online communities and blogs to help make purchasing decisions. 74% use LinkedIn and 42% use Twitter. (Marketing Think)
If you find the thought of managing your social media accounts overwhelming, then contact us and see how we can help.
Social Media Audits starting at:
Facebook & Twitter combined €350